- ticket title
- To promote tech education, Canada's Prime Minister made his own game
- The Last Guardian's Ueda: 'Games became the place for me to express my art'
- Standing Rock Protesters Now Have an Unlikely Ally: Time
- Get a job: Sucker Punch is hiring a Graphics Programmer
- Oculus has officially released its $200 Touch motion controllers
That’s right! Jason Chen’s put up the Holiday Bundle on his site, storybundle.com . You may have heard of storybundle.com from the summer, promoting indie authors and their work. Pay what you want for six hand-picked DRM-free ebooks from indie author. Pay $8 upwards and get two bonus books!
Here’s the whole thing:
StoryBundle is proud to present the Holiday Gift Bundle, which features eight books in a multitude of flavors. The titles showcased in the bundle represent genres such as traditional fantasy, medical thriller, non-fiction, supernatural horror, murder mystery, urban fantasy, historical adventure and even zombie humor, which makes it the perfect gift for every kind of reader (including yourself)!
The lineup consists of quality indie authors along with some New York Times bestsellers, and includes:
- On the Riverside of Promise by Vasileios Kalampakas
- Unsettling May Have Occurred by The Editors of Damn Interesting
- Hunting in Hell by Maria Violante
- The Select by F. Paul Wilson
- The Hour Before Dark by Douglas Clegg
- The Disciple, Part I by L. Blankenship
If you pay more than the bonus price of just $8, you get two bonus books, which are:
- The Halo Effect by M.J. Rose
- Zombies of the World by Ross Payton
In addition to just getting the digital version of Zombies of the World, people who qualify for the bonus books also get coupons for 20% off a print copy of the book, and 10% off a poster combo pack! We’re also proud to feature the exclusive debut of Damn Interesting’s Unsettling May Have Occurred – Occasionally Uncomfortable Obscure True Stories from History.
StoryBundle is also introducing two new features alongside the Holiday Gift Bundle that make gifting books supremely easy: Gift Cards and timed delivery.
Gift cards are a new feature we added for the Holiday Gift Bundle that allow you to send someone a code that they can redeem for any future StoryBundle bundle! When someone receives a gift card, they can keep the code (codes never expire) and decide for themselves when they want to redeem it. If they don’t like this current bundle and would prefer, say, a romance or a sci-fi bundle, they can wait until a bundle they like comes up and redeem it then. Best of all, all gift cards are bonus-enabled, so the gift recipient won’t miss out on any books in the bundle.
Timed delivery is available for both gift cards and regular gifts. This allows you to control exactly when your recipient will get the gift of StoryBundle. Want it to arrive exactly on Christmas, their birthday, or specifically for the fourth day of Hanukkah? Fill out a future date and time at checkout and we will deliver your gift right when you specify.
Why StoryBundle? Here are just a few benefits StoryBundle provides.
- Get quality reads: We’ve chosen works from excellent indie authors to bundle together in one convenient package.
- Pay what you want: You decide how much six fantastic indie books are worth to you. If you can only spare a little, that’s fine! You’ll still get access to six thrilling titles.
- Support indie authors: StoryBundle is a platform for indie authors to get exposure for their works, both for the titles featured in the bundle and for the rest of their catalog. Plus, when you’re supporting indie authors you’re supporting the little guy or gal.
- Give to worthy causes: Bundle buyers have a chance to donate a portion of their proceeds to charity. We’re currently featuring Mighty Writers and Trees for the Future.
- Receive extra books: If you beat our bonus price, you’re not just getting six books, you’re getting eight.
StoryBundle was created to give a platform for independent authors to showcase their work, and a source of quality titles for thirsty readers. StoryBundle works with authors to create bundles of ebooks that can be purchased by readers at their desired price. Before starting StoryBundle, Founder Jason Chen covered technology and software as an editor for Gizmodo.com and Lifehacker.com.